HISTORIC SHADY LANE
What can I expect upon arrival at the estate?
When you arrive at the estate, you will be greeted by parking attendants who will direct you to the guest parking area. Please note: our parking attendants are available 60 minutes prior to the ceremony or pre-ceremony cocktail hour. Please plan to arrive within this window of time. Signs will also direct you to where you should park.
What should I wear?
Attire really depends on the time of year and the requests of the couple. Be sure to check with the couple about their particular wedding concerning prefered attire and dress. Most weddings held at the estate are outdoor ceremonies, so please plan accordingly. Sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray and umbrellas are all good to have on hand as well as dressing in layers. Depending on the weather, we will have the greenhouse and tented reception area made a bit more comfortable using fans or small propane heaters.
How do I get to the estate?
No matter whether you are driving, flying or taking the train, the estate is easy to locate. We're very close to the PA Turnpike, I-83 and Route 30. If you are planning to use a GPS, use the address: 475 Shady Lane, Manchester PA 17345 to locate the estate, or type in "Historic Shady Lane." Once you reach the estate, our parking attendants will guide you to parking.
Download printable directions here.
Are there hotels nearby?
There are several hotel accomodations near the estate. Most couples will have one hotel arrange a room block; if the couple has not arranged a room block at a nearby hotel, here is a list of our preferred hotels:
Homewood Suites (great for extended stays)
Home2 Suites (pet friendly)
Hampton Inn -- Queen Street, York PA
Hampton Inn -- Mt. Zion Road, York PA (pet friendly)
Wyndham Garden (pet friendly)
Whether you want to fish, hike or shop, there is something for you right in the York area! We're only 15 minutes from Downtown York. Good eateries and local businesses are abundant in the area. Check out some of our state and county parks while you're here, and enjoy great shopping at the malls and outlets that are nearby! If you're looking for events, tours or festivals, be sure to visit Explore York's Page!
Below, we have detailed the ways that we will sanitize our venue in efforts to create a safe environment for yourselves, guests and vendors:
1. All surfaces in the cottage, den and bathrooms will be treated with a disinfectant and Zoono Microbe Shield and applied with a UV fogger machine, making sure that we apply it on the entire surface, as well as treating doorknobs, arm rests and counters in kitchen areas. This product will bond to the surface and kill germs and viruses on contact for 30 days.
2. All the surfaces above will also be cleaned and sanitized at the end of every event, in preparation for the next.
3. Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every hour during your event.
4. Golf carts will be sanitized before, during and after events.
5. All tables and chairs will be sanitized between every event.
6. Social distancing is recommended but controlled by the wedding party as desired.
7. Anyone with a fever, is sick or has a cough is asked to please not attend.
8. If any guests do not feel safe for any reason, we will be happy to set seating that is further away from other guests.
9. Anyone who is immune-compromised or high-risk is recommended to wear a mask.
10. Each HSL staff member will have a mask available and will wear it when working with guests, wedding parties, etc.
11. HSL Staff will be tested for fever and HSL will document any health conditions they have or have been exposed to in the last 14 days.